Museum Education Specialist
The Everhart Museum is seeking an Education Specialist for our Programs and Events Department. This part-time on-call position will work closely with the Manager of Educational Programs on the Museum’s growing On The Road (OTR) traveling assembly program. OTR brings the Museum experience to area schools, libraries, and community centers.
The OTR team consists of five museum education specialists split into S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) stations. Each station involves presenting a hands-on activity in 15 minutes segments. Training is provided.
- This is an as-needed position
- Must be able to stand for periods of time.
- Each OTR booking is a three-hour commitment
- High School Graduate
- College Graduate preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to engage with children in a friendly, outgoing, and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity, dependability, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Experience working with children grades K-6
- PA State Child Abuse Clearances, PA State criminal background check, and FBI Fingerprints completed
If interested, please contact the Manager of Educational Programs, Sarah Sutton, at email@example.com OR 570.346.7186 ext. 516. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
The Everhart Museum is especially interested in candidates whose background and experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Everhart Museum to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.