Session 1: September 25; October 2, 9,16, 23
Session 2: November 6, 13, 20, 27; December 4
Session 3: February 5, 12, 19, 26; March 5
Session 4: March 26; April 2, 9, 16, 23
*Snow dates to be scheduled the following week AFTER the last scheduled date of the session
FEE: $35/members; $40/non-members per session (5 classes per session)
How do artists communicate concepts of science through the arts?
With its emphasis on S.T.E.A.M-based education, the Everhart Museum and AIE NEPA are proud to present The Science of Art, a brand new Artist in Residence program devoted to exploring how science connects with the arts.
During each session, students will work with a team of educators and rostered artists to create a work of art inspired by the Everhart Museum collection incorporating an element of science or technology based on a specific theme.
.Session 1 Themes
K-2nd grade- Circuits and Sounds
Artists and scientists alike will discover the amazing science behind circuits and sounds! Students will investigate rocks and minerals to learn about their hidden electrifying secrets, and discover new ways to interactively explore the senses.
3rd-6th grade- Maps and Coordinates
Students will be inspired by works from the Everhart Collection creating a series of mixed media pieces that explore the theme of mapping and location.
To register, contact the programs department at 570.346.7186 ext. 516 or email email@example.com
In the event you must cancel your paid program reservation with us, you will receive a refund as defined below:
1. There is a 20% non-refundable registration fee for all Museum programs
2. 80% of payment will be refunded if a written notification of cancellation is submitted NO LATER THAN 4 weeks before the start of the program.
3. Cancellations received later than our policy date will end in automatic forfeit of full tuition.
4. In the event of an illness or family emergency, a formal physician’s note must be submitted to receive a full refund of tuition.
5. Cancellations for family vacations and/or personal reasons will not be refunded.