Session 3: February 5, 12, 19, 26; March 5 (make-up date March 12)
Session 4: March 26; April 2, 9, 16, 23
*Snow dates to be scheduled the following week AFTER the last scheduled date of the session
FEE: $35/members; $40/non-members per session (5 classes per session)
How do artists communicate concepts of science through the arts?
With its emphasis on S.T.E.A.M-based education, the Everhart Museum and AIE NEPA are proud to present The Science of Art, a brand new Artist in Residence program devoted to exploring how science connects with the arts.
During each session, students will work with a team of educators and rostered artists to create a work of art inspired by the Everhart Museum collection incorporating an element of science or technology based on a specific theme.
Session 3 Themes
K-2nd grade- Local and Vocal
In this session, students will discover the bird collection at the Everhart. During each class, participants will explore the idea of sound, the visualization of sound waves, how sound is used, and how it is made. At the culmination of the session, students will have the opportunity to create an interactive sound display to be installed at the Museum.
3rd-6th grade- Maps and Coordinates
Students will explore the concept of memory, science and art. They will enhance their
observation skills by interpreting works of art. Students will “observe” selected works from the museum’s permanent collection. These observations will be used to create their own mixed-media artist book.
To register, contact the programs department at 570.346.7186 ext. 516 or email email@example.com
In the event you must cancel your paid program reservation with us, you will receive a refund as defined below:
1. There is a 20% non-refundable registration fee for all Museum programs
2. 80% of payment will be refunded if a written notification of cancellation is submitted NO LATER THAN 4 weeks before the start of the program.
3. Cancellations received later than our policy date will end in automatic forfeit of full tuition.
4. In the event of an illness or family emergency, a formal physician’s note must be submitted to receive a full refund of tuition.
5. Cancellations for family vacations and/or personal reasons will not be refunded.