GRADE: 7th-12th grade
August 28, September 4, 11, 18, 25 and final weekend in September
4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
$35.00 members; $40.00 non-members
About the Fringe Festival:
According to the Scranton Fringe Festival, “Fringe Festivals are multi-day, multi-venue performing arts festivals! It all started in 1947 in Edinburgh, Scotland, as an alternative festival that played concurrently with the Edinburgh International Festival. In 1948, Robert Kemp, a local journalist, gave it the name Fringe: “Round the fringe of official Festival drama, there seems to be more private enterprise than before…”
Fringes have taken off across the world – and Scranton has joined the ranks of dozens of US-based festivals! Though exact models for festivals vary from city to city, common core values include being uncensored, easy to participate in (both as artist and patron), performing arts focused and rapid fire/low tech! (scrantonfringe.org)
Students in grades 7th -12th will work with professional performing artists and scriptwriters from the Scranton Fringe Festival during an after-school program held at the Everhart Museum.
The workshop is designed for teens interested in playwriting and developing artistic written work. Lessons are based on the concept of having the students explore, engage, and draw inspiration from the Everhart Museum’s collections. Fundamentals will include the structure of playwriting and how to compose, produce, and promote your own work.
At the culmination of the program, a selection of scripts cultivated from the workshop series will be read on stage with guest actors provided, at the Scranton Fringe Festival.
For your convenience, you may pre-register and pay online via PayPal.
In the event you must cancel your paid program reservation with us, you will receive a refund as defined below:
1. There is a 20% non-refundable registration fee for all Museum programs
2. 80% of payment will be refunded if a written notification of cancellation is submitted NO LATER THAN 4 weeks before the start of the program.
3. Cancellations received later than our policy date will end in automatic forfeit of full tuition.
4. In the event of an illness or family emergency, a formal physician’s note must be submitted to receive a full refund of tuition.
5. Cancellations for family vacations and/or personal reasons will not be refunded.
Program in partnership with:
This program is sponsored by: