During Summer months, the Everhart Museum hosts week-long day camps on a variety of topics and for various age groups. This page is updated as camps are scheduled throughout the year. Support for Museum Adventure Week is provided in part by grants from Lackawanna County Arts Engage! and the Maslow Family Foundation.
Museum Adventure Weeks are centered on the creative exploration of the Everhart’s collections and the surrounding Nay Aug Park environment. Each week participants experience a new topic or theme that uses both art and science in its hands-on approach to learning. Experts are scheduled each morning to present on specific weekly themes.
Our 2018 schedule reflects the Museum’s growing interest in STEM to STEAM (http://stemtosteam.org/), the RISD-led initiative to add Art and Design to the national agenda of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education and research in America. STEM + Art = STEAM. The goal is to foster the true innovation that comes with combining the mind of a scientist or technologist with that of an artist or designer.
DATES: (see below)
8:15 AM breakfast drop-off
8:45 AM drop-off
3:00 PM pick-up
$180.00/week Members; $200.00/week Non-members
NEW SUMMER CAMP ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON!
For more information, please call the programs department at 570-346-7186 ext. 516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to complete the Summer Camp application form for each child and submit it with payment to the Museum in order to be registered for Museum Adventure Week.
For your convenience, you may pre-register and pay online via PayPal. Once payment is made, application forms will be emailed to the address provided.
In the event you must cancel your paid program reservation with us, you will receive a refund as defined below:
1. There is a 20% non-refundable registration fee for all Museum programs
2. 80% of payment will be refunded if a written notification of cancellation is submitted NO LATER THAN 8 weeks before the start of the program.
3. Cancellations received later than our policy date will end in automatic forfeit of full tuition.
4. In the event of an illness or family emergency, a formal physician’s note must be submitted to receive a full refund of tuition.
5. Cancellations for family vacations and/or personal reasons will not be refunded.