During Summer months and select school vacation breaks, the Everhart Museum hosts week-long day camps on a variety of topics and for various age groups. This page is updated as camps are scheduled throughout the year. Support for Museum Adventure Week is provided in part by grants from Lackawanna County Arts Engage! and the Maslow Family Foundation.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF OUR 2018 SUMMER SERIES COMING SOON!
Museum Adventure Weeks are centered on the creative exploration of the Everhart’s collections and the surrounding Nay Aug Park environment. Each week participants experience a new topic or theme that uses both art and science in its hands-on approach to learning. Experts are scheduled each morning to present on specific weekly themes.
Or 2017 schedule reflects the Museum’s growing interest in STEM to STEAM (http://stemtosteam.org/), the RISD-led initiative to add Art and Design to the national agenda of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education and research in America. STEM + Art = STEAM. The goal is to foster the true innovation that comes with combining the mind of a scientist or technologist with that of an artist or designer.
For more information, please call the programs department at 570-346-7186 ext. 516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the 2018 Summer Series will begin this fall. You will need to complete the Summer Camp application form for each child and submit it with payment to the Museum in order to be registered for Museum Adventure Week. For your convenience, you may preregister and pay online via PayPal.
In the event you must cancel your paid program reservation with us, you will receive a refund as defined below:
1. There is a 20% non-refundable registration fee for all Museum programs
2. 80% of payment will be refunded if a written notification of cancellation is submitted NO LATER THAN 8 weeks before the start of the program.
3. Cancellations received later than our policy date will end in automatic forfeit of full tuition.
4. In the event of an illness or family emergency, a formal physician’s note must be submitted to receive a full refund of tuition.
5. Cancellations for family vacations and/or personal reasons will not be refunded.