Scouts are invited to visit the Everhart Museum throughout the year to earn badges in our always popular Bag-a-Badge program. Each session is held 1:00-4:00 pm on selected Saturdays. Scouts will complete ALL necessary requirements for each of the badges listed below. Please note that the badge is not provided and participants will need to obtain that directly from their troop leader. Mid-afternoon snack is included in the fee. Please note any food allergies when registering.
Fee per badge is $12 per scout. Pre-registration and pre-payment are required and space is limited. For more information, contact the Everhart Museum at 570-346-7186 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 11: BEAR – Masks (elective) Badge
Bear Scouts will tour the Everhart Museum Ancient Collections and discuss why/how masks were used in several different cultures.
Following the tour and discussions, Bears will complete the following requirements:
1. Make a simple papier-mâché mask.
2. Make an animal mask.
3. Make a clown mask.
November 8: WEBELO – Geologist Badge
Webelo Scouts will tour the Everhart Museum Geology Collection and discuss everyday uses of many of the minerals in the gallery.
Following the tour and discussion, Webelos will complete the following requirements:
1. Collect five geologic specimens that have important use
2. Rocks and minerals are used in metals, glass, jewelry, road building projects and fertilizer. Give examples of minerals used in these products.
3. List some of the geologic materials used in building your home
4. Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, a geyser, or an earthquake
5. Take a field trip to a geological site, geological laboratory or rock show. Discuss what you learned at your next Weblos den meeting.
November 22: BROWNIE – Senses Badge
Brownies will take a full-tour of the Everhart Museum to experience 3 of the 5 senses.
Following the tour and discussion, Brownies will complete the following requirements:
1. Hold a scavenger hunt in your neighborhood or at a park
2. Listen to sound boxes
3. Play a smelly game with your friends
4. Do a taste test with salty, sweet, bitter and sour foods
5. Find things that have different texture and create a “feel wheel”
December 6: JUNIOR – Scribe Badge
Juniors will take a full-tour of the Everhart Museum, using text from various exhibits to inspire each section of writing.
Following the tour and discussion, Juniors will complete the following requirements:
1. Write a free-verse poem
2. Create a made-up story
3. Describe a memorable day and write about it
4. Write an article
5. Write an essay about a place you’d like to visit
December 13: CADETTE – Entrepreneur Badge
Cadettes will discuss business and events with Everhart Museum Experts. Following the discussion, Cadettes will complete the following requirements:
1. Brainstorm business ideas
2. Improve one idea
3. Get into the financial side of things
4. Imagine creating a business
5. Practice sharing your business
April 11: BEAR – Sharing your World with Wildlife Badge
April 25: WEBELO – Naturalist Badge
May 2: BROWNIE – Home Scientist Badge
May 9: JUNIOR – Gardner Badge
May 23: CADETTE – Trees Badge
Comments are closed.
Follow @everhartmuseum on twitter.
(February - December)
Mon, Thurs, & Fri, Noon to 4 pm
Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, Noon to 5 pm
Closed January for routine maintenance.
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
CLOSED FOR THESE HOLIDAYS
Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day
Seniors & Students $5
Children ages 6 to 12 $3
Children under 5 and Members admitted free of charge
City of Scranton
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission