The Museum provides access via the rear entrance. Parking spaces are available next to the rear this entrance. A wheelchair is available for public use within the Museum; ask Museum staff for assistance.
Still photography and short smartphone videos are allowed in the free spaces and galleries for non-commercial use only. To protect the objects on display and to ensure the safety of other visitors, there are certain guidelines that must be followed when photographing at the Museum.
- Photography must be conducted without disruption to Museum operations or affect the accessibility of exhibitions, entrances/exits, doorways, and other high traffic areas.
- Photography of the exterior of the Museum is always permitted.
- Flash photography, tripods, monopods (including selfie sticks) and other photographic equipment are not permitted in the Museum.
- Do not climb, lean or sit on any artworks or place props or equipment on them.
- Photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use only. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed or otherwise commercially used in any manner.
- When signs are posted stating photography of temporary exhibitions or borrowed works of art is not permitted.
- The operation or use of drones of all types, shapes, and sizes at any time in the vicinity of the Museum is prohibited.
Photography and video shoot – media outlets
Recognized media outlets may photograph or film in the galleries with permission of the Executive Director. Once approved, all media members must be accompanied by an appropriate staff member. The Museum must be named as the location and “courtesy of” tag line included when applicable. A copy of the finished product will be kept on file at the Museum
Sketching with pencils and paper is permitted in the natural science galleries. Use of all other materials and/or sketching in the other galleries is not permitted without prior arrangement.
All backpacks, large umbrellas, bags and packages larger than 16 x 16 inches must be checked in the coatroom near the main entrance of the Museum.
Food & Beverages
The Museum has a small area with café tables where non-alcoholic drinks and food can be purchased from dispensing machines. Food and drinks are not permitted in the galleries.